Simplifying the Clearing process for institutions and students
Clearing and Adjustment
Clearing with IDP Connect
Across our undergraduate platforms, comprising of Whatuni and the Complete University Guide, our mission is to offer comprehensive search and matching functionality for prospective students. We link students to the most relevant institutions with free, independent and trusted advice on their higher education opportunities.
Across Whatuni and Complete University Guide, total traffic between July 1st – August 30th 2020 was 836,000 sessions (up 19% year-on-year). With a diverse audience of prospective students, parents and influencers actively researching their Clearing options, our platforms have grown to become two of the key drivers of university research.
In 2021, we have updated, enhanced and consolidated our clearing services to ensure both our students and institutional partners are able to get the Clearing results they need.
Cross-network profiles delivering guaranteed interactions
Our fully optimised clearing service, Clearing Core Partnerships consist of university profiles and fine-tuned content on both Whatuni and Complete University guide that ensures your courses feature in all relevant clearing course searches and delivers guaranteed highly qualified clicks and calls.
Content includes video, written content and links to social media, allowing you to showcase your best attributes through a variety of channels and messaging.
You’ll receive quality clicks, calls and outcomes due to our improved course search and match technology, which ensures industry-leading student course matching.
The minimum interaction guarantee removed the risk for our partners through the assurance of quality student leads over a crucial recruitment period.
In 2020, Clearing Core Partnerships delivered above minimum guarantee for all 72 partners, with an average over delivery of 68% (excluding tier 5 partners who had no minimum).
Through the Core Partnership alone, a total of 109,573 interactions were made by students seeking clearing opportunities to our 72 partnered institutions, these consisted of 95,880 web clicks and 13,693 tracked calls.
More clearing options
- Audience extension (retargeting): Continue engaging with students even after they’ve left the Whatuni and CUG websites
- Audience extension (social retargeting): Continue engaging with students even after they’ve left the Whatuni and CUG websites. Appear on Facebook and Instagram
with dynamic and engaging creatives (videos, carousel images, gifs) in news feeds and stories
- Targeted banners: Reach a highly active audience searching specifically for Clearing opportunities in an elite position on the Whatuni and CUG websites
- Elite provider slots: You’ll receive increased brand awareness and exposure to those seeking clearing opportunities across Whatuni by featuring on the clearing channel homepage
- Tickertapes (Whatuni): This exclusive opportunity means you’ll appear on all Whatuni pages, creating increased awareness, engagement, clicks and tracked calls through to your website
- A-level results day solus emails: Target our registered user database on A-level results day with relevant content and clearing opportunities at your institution
Subject specific clearing options
- Featured university: A high impact slot, including the option of a video, positioned above the search results on Whatuni and above the subject league tables on CUG – a great opportunity for a high brand piece at a crucial time of year
- Sponsored listing: Ensures the top position in Whatuni’s search results, allowing you to reach an active audience of prospective students seeking course specific opportunities
- Subject specific newsletters: These highly-targeted emails allow your institution to be featured exclusively on one of two dates, reaching relevant students at peak times during Clearing
If you have any questions about how we can address specific challenges at your institution or would like to find out more about our products – please get in touch below.